Family-Owned & Operated Since 1987
Right now is the perfect time to start planning your spring and summer home improvement projects. Every homeowner wants their home to stand apart from the rest and to be unique compared to others in the neighborhood. Updating the siding makes the largest difference in the appearance of a home simply because it covers so much area. The next thing is windows, followed closely by doors and surrounds in terms of differences made in the appearance of a home.
Let’s take a look at how these things can improve your home’s curb appeal:
- Siding – Siding is available in a variety of materials and colors. Most vinyl siding should be replaced about every 20 years; sooner if it has taken a lot of damage from the elements.
- Windows – Windows do much more than provide a view of the outdoor world from within your home. They improve the energy efficiency of your home and help dampen exterior noises. We primarily use Simonton 5500 and 5300 windows for their exceptional style, quality, and efficiency.
- Doors – Entry doors either make people feel welcomed or turn them off. We deal primarily with fiberglass Therma Tru and steel entry doors. We prefer fiberglass to steel because it is more durable and doesn’t bend or dent. We also offer a great line of storm doors to top off the look.
- Surrounds – Surrounds make the entry door much more functional and beautiful. We have options that install on a single side of the entry door or both sides, and some that have decorations above the door as well. Choose a surround that complements the entry door, and you truly have a work of art.
- Railings – Porch railings or pillars add a lot to the appearance of a home and add an entirely new element of design. Paint them a complementary color, and stand back to admire the beauty.
- Buildings – Exterior buildings around the home need to complement the appearance of the home. Whether it’s a separate garage or a storage building that contains tools and lawn maintenance items, it needs to add to the appeal of your home.
Think about changes you could make to your home’s appearance over the next few months. Start planning and looking up different ideas to increase curb appeal and then call us to schedule an appointment for a consultation. We will work with you to see your ideas become a reality.
The exterior of your home is our business. Come visit our showroom in Palatine, IL at 50 East Palatine Road. We would love to show you around the showroom and plan a schedule for home improvement projects through 2016. Start planning now for a spring or summer project and we’ll do the rest!